Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Joy of Life

     Chris is saying that there are a lot of people that lead unhappy lives and they do nothing to change their lives or try to make their lives better because they are secured and comfortable with a social life where they are at. He is saying that the joy of life comes from trying new things, gaining new experiences. "There is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun", he says. Chris is basically saying that traveling is the way to live since that way you gain new experiences, your horizons always change, and you always get to see a new and different sun when traveling. He is right, doing the same thing every single day does get boring and we don't try to change our lives because we know people around us and we feel comfortable and secure where we're at. But while traveling you get to enjoy your life at a different level, it is a feeling you can't explain since I've been there.

     Chris's life is an example of this belief. He say's that a secure future is the most dangerous thing to a man's adventurous spirit and Chris had a secure future. Chris graduated college and was set for the real world but, he just erased all of this so he wouldn't have a secured future, he erased his identity. Chris got rid of almost everything he had, he even got rid of all contact with his family which was his conservatism. He erased his identity so he could be a adventurous man, so that he can experience new experiences and change his horizons every once in a while, waking up to new suns everyday.

     I'm comfortable where I live at the moment. I know people around me, I have some family members around me, I have a job near me, I go to school in my town, I'm secured or attached to where I live right now. If I met Chris, he would definitely ask me something sort of like, if you have the chance to start a new life would you take it? He might encourage me to just start a new life, just to experience what it is experiencing new things. Or he might encourage me to just attempt to travel around just to see how it feels like. He might encourage me to do both actually, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment